Why Should You Auction A House?
Benefits Of Auctions
- Creates competition between buyers resulting in higher price
- Creates a set sale date eliminating guess-work as to when a property will sell
- Offers sellers an alternative marketing option
- Exposes the property both locally and nationally
- Typically requires buyer to pay both transfer taxes resulting in a 1% savings to seller.
- Takes the seller out of the negotiation process and eliminates time consuming contingencies
- Allows seller to free up capital on a timetable to his/her advantage
- Auctions signs create attention and urgency for action
- Properties are generally sold within 6 to 8 weeks of listing
- A buyers down payment is 10% thus creating a bigger commitment
- A seller knows exact date when the property will sell and when proceeds will be received
- Allows seller to set terms and conditions of the sale
- Eliminates high seller carrying cost such as interest, taxes, heat, sewer, water, maintenance, etc.
- Brings interested buyers to a point of decision
Advantages of Listing
- A buyer can be more creative with financing such as loans through VA, FHA, USDA, or other loans available through financial institutes
- Sellers can pay up to 6% of the sale price to help buyers with closing cost, thus resulting in a higher price sale
- Settlement dates can be negotiated to fit both the buyer and the seller’s needs
- Contingencies can be set for both a buyer’s and seller’s advantage
- Down payments can be negotiated to fit both a buyer’s and seller’s needs
- Exposure in three Multi-Listing Services
- Allows buyer’s to have a home inspection for any hidden defects, thus negotiating a higher sale price